Council of Governments
The Schuyler County Council Of Governments is an association of municipal governments and school districts whose mission is to provide a forum for discussion and negotiation leading to agreements for increased efficiency, fiscal responsibility, and improved quality of government services.
In July of 2005, the county formed a Council of Governments (COG), consisting of the chief elected officials from each of the 12 towns and villages, the chief school officers from the two school districts, and representatives of the county legislature (two). After adopting bylaws and
The SCCOG’s meets at least quarterly.
Their goals include:
- Expanding cooperation among taxing entities and reducing duplication of services pertaining to both the municipalities and school districts
- Improving communication among municipalities and county government
- Through increased interaction and communication, increase the level of public collaboration and sharing of services within Schuyler County
- Opportunities for consolidations or economies of scale
- Tax collecting services
- Collaboration on grant opportunities
- President - Alvin White, Supervisor for the Town of Hector
- Vice President - Gerry Messmer, Mayor for the Village of Odessa
- Secretary - Peggy Tomassi, Confidential Secretary to the County Administrator
2020 Meeting Dates: Thursdays, January 23rd, April 23rd, July 22nd and October 22nd at 7:00 PM in conference room #120 of the Human Services Complex, Montour Falls.