What is the Preschool Special Education Program?
The Preschool Special Education Program is available for children ages 3-5 who have a suspected delay or concern with development. A referral can be made by a parent directly to your local school district's Committee on Preschool Special Education (CPSE). The evaluation will provide an assessment of your child's development by a team of professionals. If the evaluation shows that your child does have a delay, you will be involved in deciding what services your child should receive to meet his/her needs. Schuyler County Public Health is an active member of each child's CPSE team and provides our local school districts with support in providing preschool services to children who live in Schuyler County.
What programs or services will my child receive?
If approved by the school district, arrangements will be made for your child to receive one or more of the following special education programs and/or services:
How do I make a referral for my child?
- Speech Therapy (ST)
- Occupational Therapy (OT)
- Physical Therapy (PT)
- Assistive technology
- Parent education
- Special Instruction
To make a referral please call the Committee on Preschool Special Education (CPSE) Chairperson at your local school district:
- Bradford Central School (607) 583-4616
- Corning Painted Post School (607) 936-3704
- Dundee Central School (607) 243-5533
- Hammondsport Central School (607) 569-5200
- Horseheads Central School (607) 739-5601
- Odessa-Montour Central School (607) 594-3341
- Trumansburg Central School (607) 387-7551
- Watkins Glen Central School (607) 535-3254
More information about Preschool Special Education Program can be found at NYSED