April 6, 2018 - Schuyler County Public Health’s emergency DRILL is next Tuesday, April 10, from 10 AM to Noon. Schuyler County Public Health Director Marcia Kasprzyk activated the Department’s emergency medication dispensing plan to test the Department’s ability to provide lifesaving medication to the residents of Schuyler County as quickly as possible.
Schuyler County Public Health provided the following notes about the drill:
- Volunteer patients are needed
- Everyone is invited to participate anytime between 10 AM and Noon
- No real medications or vaccinations will be given to volunteer patients
- You can register ahead of time at www.schuylercounty.us/publichealth to speed up your time in line
- The drill will take place at the Human Service Complex located at 323 Owego Street in Montour Falls, NY 14865
- Stay tuned to the Department’s website and social media for updates.
“We are thankful to anyone that is able to come and act as a volunteer patient for the drill,” Kasprzyk stated. “This drill will help us test our emergency plan and allows the community to experience what a real event would be like. Remember to register for the event ahead of time by visiting our website. This will speed up your time in line”
This drill will help the community prepare for public health emergencies that could happen in the County by allowing the Department and the community to practice how medications would be dispensed in the case of an emergency such as an outbreak of hepatitis A, anthrax, pandemic flu, smallpox, or a bioterrorism event.
The DRILL scenario involves Hepatitis A. For information about Hepatitis A, its vaccine, and Immune Globulin see these links:
For a step-by-step registration guide, please click the following link: https://www.schuylercounty.us/DocumentCenter/View/6260.