This conference will focus on the different types of communication systems, including AAC (Augmentative Alternative Communication), PECS (Picture Exchange Communication Systems), Sign Language and Scrolling (Producing All Signs), and Apps for iPad. The presenters will address such topics as:
- Which communication system is appropriate for my child?
- How do we get all members of the team on board using it?
- How does it change as the child ages and develops?
- How can communication enhance my child’s social interactions?
- Date: Thursday, June 7, 2018
- Location: The Inn On The Lake, 770 South Main Street, Canandaigua, NY 14424
- Time: 9:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m.
- Registration Begins at 8:30 a.m.
- Lunch on your own from noon–1:00 p.m.