Schuyler County Public Health received notification that two Landon’s employees have tested positive for COVID-19. During contact tracing, a public exposure risk was identified, and the business has been closed for disinfection per New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) directive. The affected individuals worked multiple shifts during the time they were potentially contagious. Landon’s Pub & Pizza is located at 110 W 4th St, Watkins Glen, NY.
If you visited Landon’s Pub & Pizza between August 19th and August 29th, please:
- Get tested for COVID-19. Schuyler County residents can get tested for COVID-19 by:
- Self-quarantine in your home for 14 days from the last day you visited Landon’s Pub & Pizza. Remain in quarantine for the full 14 days even if you test negative. To self-quarantine:
- Stay home, except to visit a doctor or to get tested for COVID-19. If you must see a doctor, call ahead and avoid using public transportation.
- Separate yourself in a room that is not shared with others.
- Stay at least 6 feet from others in your home at all times. Wear a face mask if you must be around others.
- Don’t have visitors over.
- Use a separate bathroom, if possible, and disinfect after each use.
- Arrange for food, medicine, and other supplies to be left at your door.
- Arrange for others to care for your children or pets if possible.
- Wash your hands often.
- Monitor yourself for COVID-19 symptoms. If you develop symptoms at any point during the 14-day period, get tested – even if you already tested negative earlier in your self-quarantine.
“Even if you don’t have any symptoms, please get tested for COVID-19 and self-quarantine.” Schuyler County Public Health Director Deb Minor advised. “By taking these steps, you can help protect the health of your friends, family, and our community. We’ve been fortunate so far in Schuyler County, but we need to keep it up. Please continue to wear a mask, try to stay at least six feet from people you don’t live with, and wash your hands frequently.”
“This incident is a testament to the fact that no community is outside of the reach of this deadly virus. My hope is that this serves to reinforce the need for strict adherence to all elements of the NYS PAUSE orders, especially as we approach a major holiday weekend.” added Schuyler County Administrator Tim O’Hearn.
Schuyler County Public Health and the NYSDOH are working with Landon’s Pub & Pizza to implement further processes to protect the health of employees and visitors to the business.