If you are a Schuyler County resident and your at-home COVID test comes back positive, please fill out the COVID-19 Self-Reporting Form by clicking here. If you do not have an email address, please call our office on the next business day (607-535-8140). The form can also be found linked on the main page of the Public Health website.
- Please only submit the form ONCE, then check your email for further instructions.
- If you tested positive at home AND at a testing facility, you DO NOT need to report your at-home test result as your other test will be reported to us by the test site. Just follow the other steps in the “What should I do if I test positive?” section.
- After submitting the form you will be directed to the Affirmation of Isolation form. You will want to print / download this form for your records or to provide to your school / employer if needed. The form will serve as your Isolation Order and your Release Notice.
What should I do if I test positive?
Steps to take if you tested positive
- Stay home for 5 days
- From when your symptoms started, or if you don't have symptoms, stay home for 5 days from your test date.
- Please note: If you are still having a fever at day 5, continue to stay home until you are fever-free for 24 hours.
- Continue to wear a mask around others for 5 more days
- If you have no symptoms or your symptoms are resolving after 5 days, you can leave your home.
- Wear a well-fitting mask when around others, as you may still be contagious up until about 10 days after your symptoms started or you tested positive.
- Please note: If you can't wear a mask or are moderately-severely immunocompromised, you should stay home for the full 10 days.
- Inform your employer / school and anyone you may have exposed
- Refer the people you exposed to the "What should I do if I was exposed to COVID?" section on our website.
- People with COVID are typically contagious for about 10 days after their symptoms start and the two days before their symptoms started.
- People are most likely to get COVID from you if they were within 6 feet of you while you were contagious for 10+ minutes or if they spent a long time with you in the same room / enclosed space. This most likely would include:
- People who live in your home with you
- People you may have visited with
- People you work with or attend school with
- People who provide services to you in your home
- Print / download a copy to your phone / computer of the following Affirmation of Isolation form for your records and to give to your employer / school, if needed.